STEP 1: DO YOU A JAVA VM INSTALLED ?
First you need to check if your PALM/Treo has a JAVA VM installed. This is needed to run
any JAVA application such as Wireless18. If you PALM/Treo has a MIDlet HQ
application then it already has JAVA installed so please procede to STEP 3. Otherwise
you need to continue with STEP 2 to install one.
STEP 2: INSTALLING A JAVA VM
- Save this file ARM4T.zip
onto your computer and then unzip it.
- In the Start Menu, select Programs | Desktop | Quick Install
to launch the install program.
- Select File | Add Files and browse to the expanded directory where
you unzipped this file
- Select J9JavaVMMidp20.prc and click Open to add the file to the Quick
- Verify that your device is placed in the cradle correctly.
- HotSync the device. If you are prompted for a user, select the
STEP 3: INSTALLING WIRELESS18
- Launch the MIDlet HQ application, which lists the MIDlets you currently have installed (if you have any)
- Click the Install button to install a new MIDlet.
- Enter the following URL: http://www.wireless18.com/install.jad .Once you've finished typing the URL, click the Ok button to begin installing Wireless18.